Put your dog in dessert heaven with this creamy (and nutrient packed) treat!
What you’ll need:
Makes approx 2 medium-sized scoops:
2 TBSP Cúbies pumpkin, dragonfruit & banana ice pop mix
1 1/2 TBSP coconut oil
1/3 cup goat milk (we use Big Country Raw fermented goat milk)
1 cube Pets In The Kitchen Bone Broth (or other bone broth – enough to top the goat milk off to 1/2 cup in total)
2 egg yolks
- In a small pot, whisk together the coconut oil and Cúbies powder and cook on low heat while stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the goat milk and bone broth (Leave the element on as you’ll be cooking it some more)
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl and slowly pour the pot mixture into the yolks while whisking vigorously
- Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until hot and slightly thickened (will easily coat back of a spoon)
- Remove from heat and pour into a plastic container or bowl and let cool in the fridge for about 1/2 hour and then transfer to the freezer
- It will be scoopable in about 2-3 hours. If too hard, let it sit out a few minutes before scooping, or run the scoop under hot water a few seconds.